How to pick the best paving material for your needs
Paving Material Buying Guide
The sheer range of products currently available on the market can make buying paving a daunting and complicated experience. Here at LSD we hope to make this process as stress free as possible and our sales team are more than happy to discuss your individual requirements. However, by way of an introduction, we have compiled this brief guide to highlight the benefits and functions of each paving type.
- - Porcelain has taken the industry by storm in the past two years, cementing itself as a product which has countless benefits.
- - If you are looking for a natural stone finish, porcelain products are able to replicate this.
- - Our porcelain products are virtually maintenance free, requiring no sealing and benefits from having a wipeable surface.
- - These products are free from efflorescence, resistant to stains, dirt and algae.
- - Every porcelain product we sell will be an exact size, allowing for thinner joints, giving an ultra-contemporary finish.
- - Porcelain is extremely durable and, once laid, is resistant to abrasions and cracking.
- - These products are perfect for customers who are looking for a product that can be used indoors/outdoors, giving a cohesive look throughout.
- - LSD stocks a wide range of natural stone, catering for both traditional (Sandstone and Limestone) and contemporary designs (Granite, Slate and Quartzite).
- - Each flagstone is individually cut giving a unique finish.
- - LSD sources the best quality stone with low water absorbency, reducing the effects of weathering and making maintenance easier.
- - All of our natural stone is ethically sourced from around the globe, giving our customers an extensive range to choose from.
- - Circles, planters and other features are also available in a wide range of natural stone.
- - For those of you who are environmentally aware, all of our concrete products are manufactured in the UK using local materials and local labour, producing a lower carbon footprint than imported products.
- - All of our concrete products are manufactured using hand-made moulds produced by highly skilled craftsmen, ensuring high quality and individuality.
- - Concrete products can replicate reclaimed time-worn natural stone, giving a cheaper alternative to costly and often scarce products.
- - Circles, planters and other features can be produced using concrete.
- - We offer products across the price spectrum, from cheap utility to the more expensive premium.
- - Overall, industry leading manufacturers believe that concrete products are better for driveways – both aesthetically and financially.