Building Aggregates tend not to be normally seen by the end user but are an essential part to any building or landscaping project.
Showing products: in 12 total
Starting at: From £70.40  per bundleinc VATA light grey Portland-limestone cement conforming to BS EN197-1 type CEM II/A-LL 42,5N. Packed Portland-limestone cement is suitable for most general concrete applications. Available as a dry powder, it is used in a wide variety of applications where severe chemical or thermal attack is not likely to be encountered. It is available In 25kg moisture resistant paper sacks.
Starting at: From £54.75  per bundleinc VATBallast for use in construction.
Starting at: From £49.60  per bundleinc VATBrick and concrete block laying sand. Also for use in bricklaying.
Starting at: From £51.10  per bundleinc VATUsed for hard-standings, building sub-bases, path / road / driveway / patio sub-bases. 40mm to dust.
Starting at: From £52.10  per bundleinc VATUsed as a bedding material for paving bases.
Starting at: From £46.10  per baginc VATIdeal for sub bases.
£73.20  per baginc VATA replacement for Grit Sand or Sharp Sand.
Starting at: From £106.28  per bundleinc VATHigh purity white cement A high purity white cement conforming to CEM I 52,5R for use where appearance counts. Ideal for use in cast stone and precast / architectural concrete where surface colour finish is critical. Buxton Cement's White Portland cement conforms fully to BS EN 197-1 : 2011 Cement - Part 1: Composition, specifications and conformity criteria for common cements, type CEM I, Portland cement strength class 52,5R.
Starting at: From £5.00  per iteminc VATPowder Mortar Tone is formulated from best quality oxide pigments for permanently colouring all types of mortars, rendering, concrete and pointing. The pigments disperse easily into the mix to give a uniform shade for each mix batch, shading can be adjusted to provide a wider variety of colour depths.
£84.00  per baginc VATDouble Screened Top Soil ideal for planting.
Starting at: From £70.00  per bundleinc VATKiln dried sand for use as infill between block paving.
Starting at: From £13.50  per baginc VAT
JointEx Biosand is an unbound weed-resistant joint filling material for residential pavements. Each individual grain of the selected sand is carefully coated to raise the pH level (the acidity) of the material to the point where it is unsuitable for plant and weed growth.
- When constructing new pavements, the empty joints should be completely filled with the JOINTEX BioSand+® to a level roughly 2mm below the surface of the paving.
- On existing pavements, it will be necessary to remove any existing weeds along with dirty or contaminated jointing sand. We recommend thorough cleaning prior to re-filling joints, and allow the surface to dry to aid easy filling of the joints.
- JOINTEX BioSand+® is supplied ready-to-use. There is no need for mixing or stirring prior to use. Carefully open the bags and scatter the contents over the dry pavement surface. Use a soft-bristled brush to move the JOINTEX BioSand+®across the surface, filling the joints in the process. It’s best to sweep at roughly 45° to the joints as this helps reduce the amount of material unintentionally swept out of the joints.
- Joints should be completely filled until the JOINTEX BioSand+® is roughly 2mm below the pavement surface. A vibrating plate compactor may be used to settle the BioSand into the joint but we recommend the plate be fitted with a cushioning sole attachment and the number of passes be kept to a minimum.
- Be sure to sweep off any excess material. Do not leave it on the surface of the pavement.
- Settlement may continue for a few days following installation, so check the joints regularly in the first 3-4 weeks and top-up with additional BioSand as necessary.
- Important: for best results, it is essential that JOINTEX BioSand+® is applied to a dry pavement in dry weather conditions. Damp surfaces will impede correct filling of the joints and wet weather may impair performance.